So if you follow me on Instagram you'd know that one of my favorite things to do is cook! Aside from making things I love creating different kinds of foods and coming up with random recipes. Here I bring you my 'Extra Sticky Finger Honey Glazed Chicken' (long name I know lol) with Cous Cous Lets get straight to it shall we =].
Lemon Juice (Optional)
Ginger paste (or fresh ginger)
Garlic paste (or garlic clove)
Seasoning of your choice ( I used: chicken seasoning, chili powder, paprika, curry powder, barbecue seasoning)
- Boil your chicken with onions and your desired seasoning for approximately 20 minutes or till the chicken is cooked (but not soft) DO NOT THROW STOCK AWAY
- In a bowl mix together honey, pepper, chicken seasoning and lemon juice (optional).
- Add cooked chicken to heated & oiled frying pan then leave for 5 minutes (or until chicken starts to brown)
- Pour the honey mixture over the chicken and cover with lid
- When the honey mixture starts to caramelise with a 'gloopy' feel then you know its ready...
Cous Cous Recipe
- In a small bowl pour boiling water over your cous cous grains (just enough to cover it)
- Place a lid or plate over the bowl to stop any steam from escaping and leave for 10 minutes
- Whilst Cous Cous is steaming add garlic paste, ginger paste and onions to a pan
- Next add your green beans and carrots along with your seasoning (curry powder, paprika) and leave for 5 minutes
- Then you want to add your stock used to boil the chicken and cover for about 10minutes
- Add your coconut milk and leave for a further 10 minutes
- By this time the Cous Cous grains should have absorbed all the water. If its not soft enough you can add a bit more boiling water and allow to steam
- Once the Cous Cous grains are done using a spoon gently fluff it and mix into the sauce
and you are DONE! =]
Until next time guys...Peace & God Bless.